SCAM ALERT

scottyr
New Community Member
In short I bought 3 masks from a Chinese company. Tracking awful never arrived. Input up a disput. They answered and refunded 10% of the purchase price with a promise of completion of delivery and could I close the case. They sounded very genuine in the email so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I gave it another 2 weeks. One tracking said in hands of country courrier then a more recent date at Shanghai Airport. Stung. I've since found out once a disput is closed there is NO other course of action. I believe a warning should flash up in the PayPal site stating to never close the dispute until all goods received or full refund given and never close it even when a partial refund is given as a sign of good faith. SCAM all over it!! Apparently this is common PayPal have been approached by government agencies and have ignored it to date. Anyone else had this?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@scottyr 

There is a warning, before you close any dispute it says 'are you sure, once closed can't be opened again'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@scottyr 

There is a warning, before you close any dispute it says 'are you sure, once closed can't be opened again'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.