Ruling in favor of Merchant, Wrong decision

sammyhart
Contributor
Contributor

I paid Merchant, did not get item, Merchant provided a tracking number showing delivered, The tracking number clearly showed a mistake, It was delivered 2 days before I placed the order, I gave the information to Paypal, they ruled in favor of Merchant because it shows delivered, I went to post office where I could get more information, It wasn't even addressed to me, they gave paypal someone else tracking number in my City, now I can't do another resolution

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Neaituppi
Contributor
Contributor

Actually. they just recently refunded me. It was reviewed and I got a full refund. It was just two weeks ago, the people at my bank asked me if it had been resolved, and I said, no, Paypal did nothing. Maybe my bank contacted them too. Since part of it came out of the bank. 

It may be because a large portion of the resolution center is automated. But I don't know, they still were able to contact the scammers. 

Either way, I will do lots of research before buying something that is the deal of the century. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.