Rogue seller?

IndianGeezer
New Community Member
Hi there guys, just need to pick some brains! I bought a bike on line through an advert I saw. I paid just under$25, which I thought was a bargain! Seller is based in China and I am.in London. I received an email from.the seller saying that the goods are on its way! Hurray I thought. 3 weeks went on buy and finally received a little package. I opened it up and found a cheap pair of sunglasses in a shoddy case. My estimate on the value of these items are max $2 combined! I emailed the seller back straight and asked him where the bike is. He replied asking me to send the glasses back to him via trackable means, address in China. I messaged him back advising him.that it would cost me near £10 to return the item back to him. For some reason I never got a reply from the seller. I then lodged a complaint against him, submitting all the required information, I even to pictures of the item and emails between me and the seller. The seller responded to the claim asking me to sent the glasses back to him with no mention of who is to bear the cost of postage and packaging. As part of the claim process, I was to provide a tracking number but as I was not willing to spend 10 on postage and packaging, I wrote back to PayPal asking them to look into the matter. Today I get an email back from PayPal stating that as I hadn't provided the required information, my claim has been denied loosing my money. Is there anything that I can do to get my money back? From this experience, I don't think that there is any purchaser safety. I look forward to hearing from you guys!
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.