Robot vacum scam

RobElsey
New Community Member

Hi,

The link here is what i have fallen for too - https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Robot-Vacuum-Scam/m-p/1805037#M56951

My details are here - 

I have 2 outstanding issues in the resolution centre, i have returned the item via tracking number -RN568601347GB

The company called  MDE Commerce Ltd. and the return address is actually a post office. This has not been delivered back yet.

The address they gave are this -

Pallasti 28 PO BOX Tallinn 10001 – ESTONIA, EST 0000 MT

Now these are a scam company and if you look at the link here you can see that they pull the same trick , they have now set up a new company name too and will pull this again. i'm sure i'm not the only one who has fallen for this.

link to scam details -

https://scamwitness.com/megadeals-ltd-scam-or-legit

new company name set up - https://manydeals.ltd/about-us-2-0/

Now there im stuck waiting for this parcel that wont get delivered and being out of pocket for over £100 even after i have returned the items.

Please can you look through the notes and history of these and please see that these are scam artists and help?

resolution ids –

PP-D-30602991

PP-D-30603052

can you help?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi RobElsey, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

I understand your concern regarding these dispute cases. As we do not have access to your PayPal account to view the dispute notes or any correspondence regarding these cases, please reach out to our Customer Support team directly. You can find alternative contact methods by clicking "Help" at the bottom of any PayPal website page. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

AlfC
Contributor
Contributor

I too have had exactly this experience with MDE giving an undelivered address. My claim was for 3 of their Vacuum cleaners at a total cost of £139.99. Paypal upheld my claim, I posted the items back at a further cost of £14.70.

Payal have now denied my claim - because it took too long to be delivered. So I am out of pocket by £154.69 and don't even have the items to take my frustration out on.

I am so disappointed that Paypal are happy to keep this scam alive - I guess they make a lot of money out of it themselves. Paypal protection has too many flaws.

Login to Me Too

AFMC1
New Community Member

I HAVE TRIED REPEATEDLY SINCE JUNE TO GET THIS RESOLVED. PAYPAL REFUSES TO ACKNOWLEDGE THESE CHINESE ARE CONTINUING TO SCAM BUSINESS OWNERS. I WILL HAVE TO QUIT USING PAYPAL SINCE THEY DO NOT HELP BUSINESSES WITH THESE SCAMMERS AND CONTINUE TO LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT. I AM OUT $199.98 AND HAVE GONE THROUGH THE RESOLUTION CENTER, THAT WAS NOT EVEN WORTH MY TIME TO REPORT IT! TOO BAD THAT WE CANNOT TRUST PAYPAL TO RESOLVE ISSUES WHEN ALL OF THESE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ROBBED BY THESE CHINESE SCAM ARTISTS. IT REALLY ENDS UP GIVING PAYPAL A BAD NAME AND THEY WILL LOSE BUSINESS. THEY HAVE LOST MY BUSINESS AND I WILL WARN EVERYONE I KNOW NOT TO TRUST PAYPAL TO RESLOVE ISSUES WITH THESE SCAMS.

Login to Me Too

AlfC
Contributor
Contributor

Trouble is Paypal make a lot of money out of these Scammers. I do not use Paypal anymore I own a Caravan site and fishing lakes, and I put all of my business through Sumup and Stripe. It will cost Paypal more than resolution would have. I now don't recommend Paypal to anyone 'as their so-called resolution system is a joke and offers no protection to their customers'

Login to Me Too

aj57
New Community Member

Hi

I am also having problems with manydeals.ltd, I bought a drone, it doesn't work how it should so I contacted the company via email and they told me they don't do refunds so now I'm going through PayPal , I'm not expecting to get my money back

Login to Me Too

deadoaks
New Community Member

I bought a blade 720 drone, it never got off the ground, the battery swelled like it was going to explode when I tried to charge it the second time.  Garbage, I now have to send it back to CHINA, there was no indication when I bought it that it was coming from china and now i'm sure I won't see a refund.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello deadoaks,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

With these kind of claims, we would request the item to be returned and a tracking number provided from you to show the item has been delivered back to the seller. PayPal can help you with the return cost of an item. You will find more details here.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

moes77
Contributor
Contributor

I also bought a "drone", paid EXTRA for HDD and a crappy "case" (worth no more than a few dollars). Very fancy You Tube advertisement but very poor delivery product-wise.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.