@Ripped off

MichealeStarkey
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a smart side table and never recieved the item. Instead they sent me a $2 fingernail tool kits which I did not ask for. I contacted the seller first they never offered to send the correct item instead they offered me a 30% refund and on top of that they wanted me to pay 20$ out of my pocket to send back this $2 piece of crap they sent me. I filed a dispute and escalated it. 8 hours ago I checked it and the seller still had not responded. I checked it 8hrs later and it say my dispute is closed. But there still wasn't no response from the seller. I though using PayPal was suppose to help avoid problems like getting ripped off from fraudulent merchants. Isn't my confirmation a legal binding agreement between me and the merchant for items I purchased from them? The email they sent me offering the 30% refund shows they are at fault when they offered the low-ball refund.

So is this how paypal treats their customers now. I use PayPal for the buyer protection. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MichealeStarkey 

Which dispute did you open?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.