Ripped off by vendor

Sharootoo
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a product, used Paypal thank god!, the product arrived, it was damaged and was also a total rip off as it would never be able to do what it claimed. The product is EcoWatt365. it cost me 179.99. They upgraded my order from the 3 i ordered to 5 without my permission, charged me 179.99 and sent me a bag of garbage. Paypal refunded my money on the company's stipulation that I had to return the package with tracking which i did, it cost me $65.00 to send the package back. they refused delivery, it was sent back to me and the post office said i had to pay the return postage. So much for my refund! I contacted paypal about it and they said i had to go through the resolution centre, but it says you can't reopen a closed dispute. This is so unfair!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

JaninePieterse
Contributor
Contributor

I am in exactly the same position. I contacted Paypal and have received no reply. Its rediculous!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

JaninePieterse
Contributor
Contributor

I am in exactly the same position. I contacted Paypal and have received no reply. Its rediculous!

Login to Me Too

ajstewart
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL RIPPED ME OFF. VENDOR DID NOT SEND ITEM AND PAYPAL KEEPS UPPING THE DATE BEFORE REIMBURSING ME.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sharootoo

You need to get back on to Paypal as you have done everything asked of you.

Tell them that it is not your fault that the company refused to have the item back and you should be covered for a refund under buyer protection.

Also can you claim some of that postage back if you have the 'return shipping on us' and activated it before the transaction?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JaninePieterse
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass How does one get in contact with PayPal if the dispute is closed and they do not answer emails sent?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JaninePieterse

Difficult to help as Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JaninePieterse
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass I did not mark my reply as the “solution”. The writer of the original post did that. I dont understand how my country is of relevance in this situation? Not being answered by PayPal is not dependant on the country. Not being helped when a seller rejects the returned parcel is not country dependent.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JaninePieterse

Contact information that I would supply you IS country dependent.

But thats fine, if you don't want to give it no problem, thats up to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Luiscortes
New Community Member

this very same thing happened to me, the vendor sent a pile of garbage, i was asked by paypal to return it with tracking, at extra cost, the parcel came back as was refused by vendor or the return address was false, i pay pal told me tracking number was invalid! and I got no refund, extra expense and  **bleep** not even fit for recycling, email pay pal and they just ignore me, case resolved and i cant do anything about it! 

Login to Me Too

JaninePieterse
Contributor
Contributor
I received this reply from another member on another post of the same seller. ""Contact Payapal customer support via phone. I called again and the representative took care of the issue immediately. She refunded my account and told me I would not be required to pay out of pocket to return the fake item. She also unformed me that they are aware of the problem and the seller is about to loose his paypal account. I suggest you contact Paypal and request nothing less than the above stated resolution. Hope that helps."" I am not in the US so costs are high to phone customer care. But I do believe that this situation calls for it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.