Ripped off by seller

jtarbutton46
Contributor
Contributor

Following a purchase I made, seller provided tracking info to paypal that items were delivered. Fedex show that someone, unknown to me, signed for the package. I have not received any merch. I opened a case with Paypal and they sided with the seller although Paypal asked me for no info. Basically, I was not given the opportunity to show my evidence.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Jerry109
Contributor
Contributor

Sure.  [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]  It's best if you go to the actual web page to find it because you'll need a code number to bypass the regular call queue.  Open new PayPal page, bottom of webpage "contact us" , click, next page "other ways to contact us".  You'll be taken to a web page that has the toll free number above with a one-time code to use.  I only had to wait about 5 minutes before talking to a customer service rep.  Be sure to have all of your details,  claim number, etc.   Please let me know how you get on.  My claim was five months old, so I wasn't sure if they would actually open it again.  Good luck.

Login to Me Too

Teito23
Contributor
Contributor

Just for the record paypal hasn't care at all lately as long as the seller provided any sorta of tracking information they would win the case I haven't heard or seen anyone in these forums win theirs the moment the seller provided tracking. Goes to show you cannot rely on paypal to protect you as promised cause even if you provide evidence and that it's not even received by you they plain do not care. 
If you paid using card your best bet is just trying for a chargeback or unauthorized transaction with them instead to try to get your money back if they ruled it from there in your favor you can get your refund. Otherwise welcome to the wronged members club.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.