Ripped off by Fashion web international

Toba369
Contributor
Contributor

Hi do not under any circumstances order from FASHION WEB INTERNATIONAL. They show nice products and quality products on the web site,  what you get is complete and utter rubbish. The sizing is way off, the quality is shameful. I returned my whole order £59.90 + 17.50 postage. I could not get a proper response from them, so upscaled to a claim through Pay Pal Unfortunately Pay Pal decided to side with the seller! So I’m up the creak with out a paddle and well out of pocket . I can’t believe that after all the information I have seen on this company Pay Pal made that bad decision.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @Toba369,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your dispute, that definitely sounds frustrating. I would advise contacting us by phone, Facebook, or Twitter so that we can help appeal the decision on your case. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Toba369
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for your message. I have contacted Pay Pal as you suggested. After some conversation, I was told that they will not open my dispute again, the reason given was that Pay Pal do NOT recognise the issue of bad quality or wrong size being sent, as something they can help with!!  So it makes me wonder why use Pay Pal??  My bank will not help because I used Pay Pal to process the payment. As already said "up the creek". Warning to others .

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Toba369 

Sadly if you buy from China you tend to get cheap tat.

Paypal does not cover you for quality only if you get an item SIGNIFICANTLY other than as described.

You can try a chargeback if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card but unfortunately they don't always find in your favour either.

With most online selling its buyer beware UNLESS you buy within the UK when you would legally have more cover and the option of the small claims court.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Toba369
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for your message, I understand the situation now but wasn’t aware of it before. It’s good to let others know so they will not fall into the China Trap as well.

Login to Me Too

millieandkitten
New Community Member
I've had the exact same issue £51.66 out of over and PayPal side with the seller just because the sold shoes and shoes arrived. The fact I've returned the and the company are refusing to accept the return address and give a refund is beside the point. I've raised as a fraud and got a crime number that's how serious this is
Login to Me Too

Toba369
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for your message, I feel sorry for all who get stuffed by this company. Must admit I have put it behind me now and put it down as a expensive mistake and a lesson learned. Hope you get sorted soon, let me know how you get on if you can.

Login to Me Too

Toba369
Contributor
Contributor

Hi just a update, I remembered a old email sent from Fashion web international offering a refund of 25%. So gave it a try and believe it or not,they accepted it! 25% is better than 0%. Guess that’s the end of it. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.