Ripped Off by Chinese SCAMMERS! Beware!

mosconi
Contributor
Contributor

On 11/2/20 I ordered a weight bench online at a site called "Online Shop" that listed the weight bench for $72.00.  It was a good price and it said it came with FREE shipping so I ordered it.  They sent me a tracking # and I became immediately suspicious as there was some Chinese writing and a Chinese Company listed which was not indicated on their site.  I just figured it would take a lot longer to ship from China.  It didn't take long at all.  They shipped me a small green figurine with a hole on it for a keychain or some such thing that is probably worth about 5 cents.  No weight bench.  I disputed with PayPal and they say they'll look into it and get back to me within (30) days.  I tried to dispute it with CitiBank but they just referred me back to PayPal.  It will be interesting to see how PayPal handles this scammer.  Scammer is BFE CORPORATION <Removed>

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

dak617
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered items from a company hat was allegedly in the U.S. on 9/22.  A week later, tracking info claimed that my package was picked up by BFE Corp. Ltd.!!!   It was then allegedly accepted by USPS in Los Angeles a week later and very oddly, the package changed locations 7 times in Southern California every couple of minutes over a 4 hour period of time!  The tracking them claimed it was delivered to me at 5:53 pm although I have never once received mail later than 1 p.m. and I was at home on the day of the alleged delivery!  I didn’t receive an email from the seller (who has several different names) with the tracking info until 3 days AFTER the packaged allegedly shipped.  Two days after that, a rep from the seller claimed “the package has been stuck at the airport” and I should wait for the “shipping company to rearrange the shipment” which was now 5 days AFTER it had allegedly been delivered.  On 10/12, the seller then admitted the package was shipped from China & they were going to reshape.  On 10/14, the seller then stated they would expedite my order even though when I found out that the order was coming from China, I told them numerous times to cancel this order.  I never heard from the seller again and I never received the items ordered.  I filed a dispute with PayPal and provided them with copies of email correspondence from the seller proving that the order was held up at the airport in China5 days AFTER it was allegedly delivered!  PayPal denied my dispute stating that the seller advised it was delivered!!  PayPal always sides with the sellers no matter that they are given proof to the contrary.  This is the 2nd time this year that I purchased something from a company whose website shows a company on the U.S.  it is really located in China!!  PayPal does not help us at all!!!

Login to Me Too

mosconi
Contributor
Contributor

I too was ripped off by this same Chinese Company, BFE CORPORATION <removed>.  However, in my situation I purchased a "weight bench" online at a site called "Online Shop" with an IP address of ukbeststore.com.  The item sold for $72 and included FREE SHIPPING.  I was looking for a weight bench when I found this one doing a search for weight benches for sale.  The site gave no indication it was not authentic or that it was a Chinese site.  I ordered the item using PayPal account.  Vendor sent me a tracking # within a day or so.  A few days later a small "envelope" arrived with the tracking # for the weight bench on the envelope.  The 5x5 inch envelope did not contain a 30 lb weight bench.  It contained a 1 oz green plastic trinket with a small hole in it for attaching to a keychain or charm bracelet.  It was definitely not a "weight bench" and since it is worthless it is not worth $72.  I filed a dispute with PayPal because what I got was not what I ordered and they contacted the vendor.  PayPal says vendor will refund my $72.00 if I send the worthless plastic charm to China at a Chinese address written in Chinese.  Ridiculous.  PayPal is complicit in this obvious fraud by insisting that I mail the item back within (10) days in order to be refunded for this fraud perpetrated against me (and probably millions of others, and countless millions of dollars in fraudulent transactions).  If I were to write Chinese, sending the worthless item through the mail to China would no doubt cost an exorbitant amount and since the item has "no value" would be adding insult to injury.  I cannot return the item (and should not have to since this is just the 2nd part of a two-part internet scam).  PayPal should be ashamed of themselves for even suggesting that I return the item in order to receive my refund.  Nobody should ever be charged for items sent to them they did not order.  PayPal should refund my money and Cancel the PayPal account for "Online Shop" and/or ukbeststore.com and not do any business with BFE CORPORATION <removed>.  PayPal's Purchase Protection Plan states they will refund an item received that was substantially different from the item ordered.  I'd say a plastic toy the size of a postage stamp that has no value is substantially different from a $72.00 weight bench that probably weighs 30 lbs.

Login to Me Too

dak617
Contributor
Contributor
Since this is the second time this year that PayPal sided with the seller (both times were with a company that turned out was really in China), I will never use PayPal again. I will be closing my account with them as they always side with the sellers and their idea of a solution AFTER they’ve already made their decision on your dispute is insane!! Forcing you to mail a charm back to the shipper in China is ridiculous!! The seller should be made to send you a prepaid shipping label - you should not have to incur any more outlay of funds!! YOU were ripped off - NOT the opposite. There have been 3 different companies now mentioned for the items I purchased - the one in the online ad, the one showing on my PayPal statement & BFE which shows up in the tracking info as the shipper. All these companies in China have major walls set up so that buyers have no clue that you’re buying products from China and instead from very disreputable companies!! Since PayPal will not do anything to shut them down & protect the consumers, I will then NEVER do business with PayPal again unless it is beneficial to me and is with a company I deal with regularly (such as Wayfair).
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.