Ripped Off and Paypal rejected my case! What can I do???

Yorkie95
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase from one of the Facebook Advertisements.
The next day the site that I ordered from, went down.

I immediately contacted paypal but they said I needed to wait for the seller to respond, giving them a RIDICULOUS amount of time.

The Seller promised they were shipping it.

The seller then posted a tracking number that says the item was delivered to an address in my city.

I called the post office and they said that package did not have my name on it, nor did it have my address!

Does PAYPAL not even look up this information?

I know for a fact that tracking information is bad because I have the RING video cameras on my house that point towards the mailbox and it shows that I did not get a package that day!

Paypal rejected my case saying they PROVED it was delivered!?

However, they did not even prove it was delivered to my address!

What can I do?

Will paypal even check the tracking number to see if it even was my address?

I have video footage proving it was wrong and I have an email from the USPS stating the same!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yorkie95 

"Does PAYPAL not even look up this information?"

Not by the software APIs which only compares city, state/province, zip code, country and delivery status with USPS. Rather rudimentary. You'll need to reach out to customer service and have them review your case and provide official documentation from USPS of the fraudulent tracking info. An USPS Intranet Report or letter from USPS letter head explaining that the address on package was not your street address, nor was it delivered to your said address. Also file a police or ic3.gov report, for good measure. Pdf everything and attach it to the request for an appeal of the case or upload to live chat.

To contact PayPal, please visit this page:

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/home

Click MESSAGE CENTER or click LOG IN to access your message center or for live chat where available.

Or try Social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

If that fails, I suggest opening a case with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose CA to get PayPal Office of Executive Escalations to review your dispute. 

If that also don't work, and you paid with credit card, you may dispute the transaction via your card issuer as per section "Dispute with us or your card issuer":

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#purchase-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ViacheslavK
Contributor
Contributor

This is similar situation, but i will ask PayPal more questions. I think this is must be solved via you bank since this is a clear financial fraud, namely, stealing money without supplying goods.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.