Ricocoshop

Katrina1995
Contributor
Contributor

Anybody experiencing a possible scam involving ricocoshop.com?

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

bethynp
Contributor
Contributor

OK shipment is now trackable on 4PX Global Order Tracking.  Says it's now in Quanzhou, China "shipment arrived at facility and measured" 2020-04-29

I will post when it arrives here, and if it is in fact what I ordered.  

Beth

Login to Me Too

Nsar1631
The exact same, delayed drawn out process happened to me. Not only does this seller refuse to send your product unless you harass them, the items I received were not as listed. Much cheaper quality. Total scam and contacting my bank institution
Login to Me Too

ladej
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever receive your item? Each time I get a response from them they say it will be 20 days.
Login to Me Too

bethynp
Contributor
Contributor

I received an "item" but it was not the one I ordered.  It was a piece of plastic formed to look like a webcam and I couldn't make it work.  I asked Ricocoshop for a return authorization, refund and mailing label and I did get a reply... they wanted to give me a refund of 40%!   This is a total scam and not sure how to get the word out but NO ONE SHOULD BUY ANYTHING FROM RICOCOSHOP.  I will not trust any place any more just 'cause they take Paypal.  Not getting any help with this from Paypal either.  I'm very unimpressed with their response to me.  

Login to Me Too

Nsar1631
Ricocoshop is the reason online shopping is unreliable. Total scam
Login to Me Too

bethynp
Contributor
Contributor

Today, May 11, 2020, my order arrived but it is of VERY cheap materials and not even close to what I ordered.  Plus you are supposed to be able to just plug it in and have it work (supposed to automatically install the driver) but it did not do that and I waited for it to do what they say in the "instructions" for a while now.  It's supposed to be a webcam (for Zoom meetings etc) but it doesn't even have a way to fit on my monitor.  

So let me recap:  Order placed on April 18th.  3.5 weeks later, here it is and it's definitely not worth what I paid for it.  I really thought that since they took Paypal for payment, that they must be legit.  However, don't be fooled!  Do NOT order anything from this scammer.  I am now seeing if they respond to my email asking for a Return Authorization and mailing label.  I am not holding my breath.  I am hoping that Paypal can help me with this, but I am having doubts about that as well. 

I know there are worse things in the world right now than being scammed on line, but this seriously feels like adding insult to injury.  Paypal:  what should I do now?????????????????????

Login to Me Too

LarRob
Contributor
Contributor

@bethynp I had the same exact experience as you!

I ordered a webcam for $82.99.  The picture and specs shown on their website make the product look exactly like a Logitech webcam.  In fact, they straight out stole the picture of the webcam from the Logitech website and photoshopped the Logitech logo off!  They copied all the specs, including the model number, from the Logitech website.  Ricocoshop website said product was in stock and would ship from US in 1-2 days.  Product shipped from China and took 21 days to arrive.  After 3 days, I emailed them requesting to cancel if they could not meet their delivery commitment.  They never replied.

As you said, the product is a cheap knockoff, which looks and works very differently than the picture and specs on their website.  I got it to work by plugging it into my laptop USB port, but I ran some diagnostics to show that the actual resolution and frame rate are nowhere near what was advertised.  They are complete fraudsters, and will continue to set up new websites when they get found out.  They are taking advantage of high demand and low availability of webcams (and likely other products) due to COVID.  

I paid with a credit card, not Paypal, and have filed a dispute with the credit card company.   I don't expect that Ricocoshop will spent any time fighting against the dispute, as it is not worth their time when there are so many other suckers to be scammed.  

Login to Me Too

bethynp
Contributor
Contributor

Yup LarRob!  Exactly the same thing.  I wonder how many people got duped out of 82.99 like us.  I'm hoping that PayPal will help me get my $ back but I think it's another thing I'm not holding my breath for.  So no reply from Riccoco re: RA or return label, and now it's been at least a week and no reply from PayPal either.  No more on-line shopping for me!  Which is hard since there's not a ton of local shopping either, not that I'm having withdrawals from shopping or anything, but I REALLY needed a webcam for meetings!  

I can't even begin to tell you how disappointed I am in PayPal's slow response.  But is IS a pandemic out there so I will be patient while my hard-earned irreplaceable money is in the hands of scammers who figured out how to use PayPal.  

Cheers!

Login to Me Too

LarRob
Contributor
Contributor

FWIW, I have had very good luck with credit card companies (in this case, Citibank), backing me up on disputes.

So far they have issued me a conditional credit for this purchase, and they have contacted the merchant for a response.  If they don't get a reply from the merchant by 6/30, then the credit becomes permanent.  It will be interesting to see what happens if the merchant does respond.  I really doubt they will, as they can better spend their time and make more money scamming other unsuspecting customers.

Login to Me Too

bethynp
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.  I'll go to Capital One and see what I can do.  Caveat Emptor!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.