Ricocoshop

Katrina1995
Contributor
Contributor

Anybody experiencing a possible scam involving ricocoshop.com?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Hemerk
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Katrina1995 

Thank you for reaching out to the PayPal Community Forum!

If you feel that the website or the seller you're making a purchase from is potentially a scam, you may choose not to make a payment.

In the event that you still went ahead and sent the payment, you may learn about how PayPal can protect you.

Please see the link below regarding buyer's protection.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/does-paypal-cover-my-purchase-if-there's-a-problem-(purc...

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20
Solved

Hemerk
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Katrina1995 

Thank you for reaching out to the PayPal Community Forum!

If you feel that the website or the seller you're making a purchase from is potentially a scam, you may choose not to make a payment.

In the event that you still went ahead and sent the payment, you may learn about how PayPal can protect you.

Please see the link below regarding buyer's protection.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/does-paypal-cover-my-purchase-if-there's-a-problem-(purc...

Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

Tbrown89
New Community Member
Katrina, what’s the update on this? I have items in a cart in that site but was researching if they were legit first.
Login to Me Too

Katrina1995
Contributor
Contributor

I would definitely not buy from them. Pretty sure it is a scam. When I contacted them I got no response. Whe I tried to contact the resolution center they constant flash a message about trying back later.

Login to Me Too

Katrina1995
Contributor
Contributor

I am regularly receiving this message when trying to use the resolution center. Have tried many times.

FB779FF1-2F2E-4C9A-9564-F2AA3BB23440.png

Login to Me Too

Kweinberg
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Did you ever end up receiving your item(s)? I was going to order from them 

Login to Me Too

bethynp
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Katrina1995,

Just checking to see if you've gotten a resolution to your problem and/or if PayPal has responded yet.  I received the same error message when I tried to submit my complaint.  I realize that they are probably working with less folks there.  I will be patient but somehow I will need to remember to check on this again and again.  

I believe that buying on-line has become more risky the last few months.  Unfortunately, it's the only way to get some things.  Wish I could've just gone to Best Buy...

Beth

Login to Me Too

bethynp
Contributor
Contributor

I have an update on this situation...today I received an email saying my item has shipped and it gave me a tracking number that took me to a dead end.  It gave me this message when I put in the tracking number:

"No information about your package, Package has not been sent yet or you entered invalid tracking number."

Has anyone else received their item from Ricocoshop?  Or any further info?  Thanks.

Beth

Login to Me Too

Iks808
New Community Member
I placed an order with them on the 16th. Requested a tracking number 4 days later and still no response from them and today is the 22nd. I wouldn't recommend this seller. I hope PayPal can help me with a refund
Login to Me Too

bethynp
Contributor
Contributor

I am also afraid that this is a scam.  I ordered a webcam from them on the 4/18/2020 and got a confirmation of purchase but so far no shipping date etc.  And no response to any email asking for a shipping date.  I will now put in a claim with PayPal.  I've been very careful to shop only on sites that accept PayPal but I guess even PayPal can allow scammers to infiltrate.  UGH.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.