Review

JAMESEKJr
Contributor
Contributor

Has anybody had any dealings with the online shop pollybest.com? I paid for a product acouple of weeks ago. I've tried to send an email as to a delivery date but have not received any response yet. Keeps saying delivery not excepted. Just a little worried

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

jthommarson
Contributor
Contributor

Sooooo....my case got denied yesterday.  Had been under review since June!

This is PayPal's response:

We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because we received shipment tracking from the merchant confirming that the merchandise was delivered.

So yeah they shipped me something.....but not what I ordered.  This is absolute crap.  I paid with PayPal Credit and filed a dispute with them yesterday.  I don't know where to go after this as you cannot open or appeal denied cases.

Login to Me Too

helen9872
Contributor
Contributor

@jthommarson 

You can try contacting PayPal Customer Service through their Message Centre. My case was closed because there weren't enough proof and I left a message telling customer service I did not receive the item nor it is shipped. I had disputed the wrong case type and the agent helped me switched to the correct one and I got a refund email.

Login to Me Too

jthommarson
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks. I’ll try that. I’m more than frustrated.
Login to Me Too

helen9872
Contributor
Contributor

@jthommarson 

I was at your stage these few days. Hopes everything works out for you.

Login to Me Too

jthommarson
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal reopened my case after I contacted customer service.  I had also contacted my financial customer service (happened to be PayPal Credit) and within a few days I had my money back via PayPal credit.  I suppose they fought for it and noticed the scam and gave me my money back.  Glad this has been resolved.

Login to Me Too

Pokkett
Contributor
Contributor
I forgot to reply I kept asking the status. They talked to the seller one more time and I got my refund and case closed.
Login to Me Too

ComputerRichLLC
Contributor
Contributor

I fell victim to the same scam. I got a 5 cent hair tie instead of the 2 $89 tablets I ordered. Based on the info here, I have contacted customer service and pled my case. Hopefully they will rule in my favor. I appreciate the info found here and I have renewed hope to get a refund. Will let you know. Thanks

Login to Me Too

jthommarson
Contributor
Contributor

@ComputerRichLLCmake sure you filed it as "Goods significantly different than ordered" in your dispute.  Should help your case.

Login to Me Too

ComputerRichLLC
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email that I will receive a full refund but I have to return said item(s). I returned item taking photos throughout and videoed the process as well. I sent it back REGISTERED mail so they have to sign for it. I submitted the tracking number along with photos of the shipping label & all the photos I took during the return process. I honestly don't expect a refund but will be hopeful.

Login to Me Too

jthommarson
Contributor
Contributor

The problem I heard with sending back (mentioned in this review somewhere) is that the NJ address (which was where mine came from) is not accepted and will not count as returning the merchandise.  Look at this post earlier in this thread.

So here’s an update: Seller agrees to refund my money for the laptop that purchased but that I must return the “item” (hair tie) back to them and supply a tracking number. The seller conveniently supplied a return address all in Chinese characters. So when I took the envelope to the USPS they tell me there’s no way they can enter an address with Chinese characters into the system for tracking and suggested that I return the item to the original address where the package came from in Cranbury NJ. So the saga dragged on for weeks only to find out that PayPal has sided in favor of the seller and closed the case because the “item” was not returned to the address supplied by the seller. Paypal has completely **bleep** me over by not truly reviewing the facts that I supplied and rewarded a dishonest and devious thief who got away stealing my money. BOO PayPal...you’ve lost my business and you did not uphold your responsibility to protect buyers from **bleep** like this. This not over yet and I’m fighting this through my credit card to get a charge back...I would recommend the rest of you on this thread to do the same.

Hope you get this resolved in your favor @ComputerRichLLC!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.