Reversing a decision by PayPal to close a dispute, as I know they have got it wrong

MartyMac
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal community. I need help & advice, as i have received an email from PayPal with a surprising decision to close my dispute and ruling against me, even though I have done everything that was asked of me and i provided all of the evidence that was required.

This included me uploading the receipt as proof of my registered post and return parcel tracking from the Royal Mail, which naturally included the tracking reference number.

The reason they gave for ruling against me was I didn't provide the tracking evidence. It is clearly on the resolution centre dispute form and what they are saying in fact is the company involved in China hasn't signed for the package, or the Chinese counter parts of the Royal Mail hasn't delivered it!

This is hardly within my control and if that wasn't a strange enough ruling, PayPal even paid me the cost of the Tracked post!

So the big question is there is no where on this site to dispute or disagree with the decision which is patently wrong!

Any ideas please?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi MartyMac, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

If you would like to appeal the outcome of a claim you may be able to do so within 10 days of case closure by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at http://www.paypal.com
2. Click ‘Resolution Centre’ near the top of the page.
3. Select 'Closed cases' in the drop-down menu and find the claim you wish to view.
4. Click ‘Appeal’ in the action column.
5. Provide information for your appeal and follow the on-screen instructions.

- Siobhan 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi MartyMac, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

If you would like to appeal the outcome of a claim you may be able to do so within 10 days of case closure by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at http://www.paypal.com
2. Click ‘Resolution Centre’ near the top of the page.
3. Select 'Closed cases' in the drop-down menu and find the claim you wish to view.
4. Click ‘Appeal’ in the action column.
5. Provide information for your appeal and follow the on-screen instructions.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

MartyMac
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Siobhan

Thank you for your very helpful response and it's well noted for the future.

As luck would have it, I managed to speak to a member of customer services, and on reviewing my case instantly, he re-opened it and reversed the previous decision in my favour and within three days, my account was refunded.

Kind regards

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @MartyMac,

Thank you for coming back to let us know of the outcome! I'm glad to hear that it's been resolved.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

malcol6
New Community Member

I have the same problem, yet through the Messaging and Resolution Center systems, I'm told the cases (2) are closed, and nothing can be done.

I followed through steps with CLOSED CASES, and no option to APPEAL.

Seller closed web site, responded once only to email CANCELLING transaction, without providing a refund.  With transaction cancellation, PayPal sided with seller; this makes NO SENSE!!!

Filed as SNAD claim, as a digital download product (not service) that was advertised as including a registration/activation key, which it did not, and would not function properly and permit updating.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.