Reverb buyer claims money for repair he paid not my fault

GeorgePoly
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I have sold a vintage electronic unit (Dynacord Mini Tape Delay made in Germany) a few months ago

The total cost was 290 euro or equal 353 dollars from which, I paid 62 euro or 76 dollars shipping

After the unit was purchased from my Reverb store, it was sent after a few hours by Hellenic Post

The unit arrived in US by USPS with a huge delay caused from USPS

After helping the trace and finally with the delivery the customer was satisfied

Since the unit is made in Eupore with 220V it couldnt work on 110V of US power

He opened the electronic unit himself and as he claimed changed the fuges without bringing it to a technician

He told me it wasn't working although the unit was working before shipped as it was used in a studio

He contacted Reveb and in good faith I already sent 50 euro or equal 61 dollars for repair before I even had a clue for what was the issue

I must also inform you that the package was extremely well and he never said anything on a destroyed package

As a sensitive machine it could had been hit and maybe a circuit was out

Now he claims that after he took it to a repair store he paid 280 dollars for repair and has dispute the tranaction by requested 180 euro of 220 dollars apart from the ones already sent be me

I have replied on the case created in PayPal but what more is there to do?

Of course I desagree on paying this huge amount without solid proof and even if he gave a receipt, I cannot value the authenticity of it, nor I am not willing to pay the hole repair my self

Please advise

Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GeorgePoly 

Why would you even consider sending an electronic item made in Europe to the U.S which has a completely different system for those items?

If he raised a case for item received but not as described you still may win as you did described it ok presumably?

If you lose then the buyer would normally have to return the item at their own expense before you have to refund. 

MAKE SURE YOU PUT IN THE DISPUTE SECTION THE FACT THE BUYER ALTERED THE ITEM SO YOU WOULD NOT GET BACK THE SAME ITEM YOU SENT.

Make sure you do that before you or the buyer escalates to a claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.