Returns

Brian108
New Community Member

I bought some really good looking safety trainers for work as i require them. They took 65 days to arrive then when they did they were really poor £3 worth of trainers with no safety toe cap in them even though the video shows someone hitting the trainer with a hammer and states it has toe protection. I have opened up a dispute and they have said that i can have a full refund if i send them back tracked. To do this it will cost me £25 because it is UK to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. The trainers cost me 39 Dollars approximately £29. They are asking me to send these back because they know it isnt worth my while to do so and they will have the money in the bank! Where do I stand as paypal have asked for a tracking number only and not given me the option to dispute the results.

I bought these off paypal for the protection it would offer me but seams im wasting my time?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal potentially would cover your return shipping cost for you if the seller is not willing to do so.  Check out the Return Shipping On Us program.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Brian108
New Community Member

Thanks for the quick response. 

How would i go about doing this as I dont have a link to it on the dispute fro refunds on us?

I tried ringing them but missed them by 5 minutes.

Should i book shipping now then claim it back or wait for an answer off paypal first?

Sorry for the questions

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
You would need to go ahead and handle the return on your own, and then file the claim with PayPal showing proof of return shipping charges. Read all the details. Like anything, particular procedures need to be followed in order to be covered.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.