Returns

IanV
Contributor
Contributor

My wife bought some tee shirts from a Hong Kong manufacturer and they sent the wrong colour.

She signed into PayPal as a Guest and made payment. The Co wants us to return the items at our cost before re shipping the correct items. Question is has she an recourse for compensation of the postage from PayPal given she was only a Guest?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @IanV,

I'm sorry to hear that you and your wife didn't get your correct purchase. To be eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection, one of the main requirements is to have a PayPal account in good standing. Because of this, a guest purchase would not technically be eligible and to even be able to open a dispute, she would have to call our customer service to request one be manually created for her. (Which she is more than welcome to do). More than likely, we would require her to ship the item back in the course of the dispute in order to receive a full refund. To call, please follow the Help &Contact at the bottom of the page. I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

Michelle 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @IanV,

I'm sorry to hear that you and your wife didn't get your correct purchase. To be eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection, one of the main requirements is to have a PayPal account in good standing. Because of this, a guest purchase would not technically be eligible and to even be able to open a dispute, she would have to call our customer service to request one be manually created for her. (Which she is more than welcome to do). More than likely, we would require her to ship the item back in the course of the dispute in order to receive a full refund. To call, please follow the Help &Contact at the bottom of the page. I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

Michelle 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.