Returns throughout customs

Als666
Contributor
Contributor

Hi you have rule in my favour for a full refund and said i have to send the item back. I dont want to send the item back as i think it might be fake and dont want to send it throught customs in my name . What can i do?

Regards

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Als666

You would have had to have gotten written proof from a shop that sold the genuine article or somewhere like trading standards and provided it as part of the original dispute and then paypal may well have not told you to return it. They can't just take your word or every buyer wanting a refund would just say item was fake to save having to send the item back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Als666
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I'm just going by the price I paid for the item I was supposed to get and then googled the item I did get which was nearly £100 dearer. Can't see them telling me just to keep the item and a partial refund. Sounds a bit suspect don't you think? Regards
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Als666

As i said you should have informed paypal with the proof as i stated in my earlier post that it was fake.

I did for one of my items and didn't have to receive it and got a full refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Als666
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't  know it was the wrong item they sent until I opened it.  Ok thanks for your help I'll put it down to a learning experience. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.