Returns not as sent.

Rogerdyer15
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, new here, so be gentle with me. I am having trouble with a buyer who has returned a used mobile phone to me. He filed the return after eBay's 30 day policy, who turned it down, so then he claimed through PayPal, who have a 120 day return policy. They have given him, the buyer his money back and he has returned the phone to me. The problem I have, is that he has somehow locked the phone out of use and the only person with the details to unlock it, is him the buyer. I have told PayPal this, but they don't seem to want to know, or help with this. How do I appeal their decision?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rogerdyer15

Sadly there is not a lot you can do about that one apart from taking private legal action against the buyer ie small claims court?

That is one of the risks of online selling unfortunately, sometimes you lose out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rogerdyer15
Contributor
Contributor
Will never sell on eBay again!!!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rogerdyer15

ok, but this is not Ebay its Paypal, 2 separate companies.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Rogerdyer15
Contributor
Contributor

I know, but always thought PayPal was the best option for payment. Live and learn!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rogerdyer15

The BEST option for payment is cash on collection.

Second is bank transfer.

The trouble is that the first option is not always possible and the second option is not always one that a buyer would choose as they would have no buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Rogerdyer15
Contributor
Contributor
I like your best options for a seller, but most buyers would prefer pay pal for the protection it afords them, no protection for a lowly occasional seller like me it seems!!
Login to Me Too

Rogerdyer15
Contributor
Contributor
Just to update in this. PayPal did pay me £145 in the end, took me around a month of sending messages and emails, but I was not going to give up on this. So even though it was hard work, I feel I have had had a satisfactory result!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.