Returning items

Paige17
New Community Member
So I opened a dispute against a seller after I received a completely broken and destroyed item and never received the replacement. PayPal has now basically agreed in my favor so I get my money back, but they want me to send back the items first...one of which went in the bin after I was told I'd be getting a replacement, and the other I never received, so I literally have no way of sending the items back. I threw the original out back in July/August. Does anyone know a way around this? I've tried emailing and I just keep getting the same automated response. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Paige17 

The dispute stage of a claim is for negotiating part refunds / refunds with the seller.

Once escalated to a claim the ONLY option paypal give you is to return what you received back to the seller 'trackable' to receive a full refund.

Return shipping costs are at your expense BUT you can reclaim some of them if you activated the below link at some point before the transaction was made.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

The only time paypal do not tell you to return the items is if the item has been proved as fake OR the seller does not respond to the claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.