Returning items for refund, do I have to send original packaging?

smigon
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered some dried fruit and Taffy from an online seller who runs a candy business in New York. The dried fruit came in generic plastic tubs with the seller’s label on the lid. One of the tubs was crushed during delivery and the Taffy had only one out of three flavors I ordered. Before receiving the order while I was checking on the order status over the phone they said they didn’t have the flavors I wanted so they substituted some other flavors. I wouldn’t have even placed an order except you can’t get this brand of Taffy anymore and they said this was the real deal. They had already shipped and didn’t remember which flavors they didn’t have and the conversation was gruff and snappy, I just said I’d wait until the order arrived. The order arrived without cherry and grape Taffy which was the whole reason for the order, the dried fruit just an impulse buy. I didn’t eat any of the candy or fruit, one container of the fruit was crushed and poured out over the candy in the box. In my emails and my I said I would keep the two containers of fruit that weren’t damaged and the one flavor of Taffy I did order and would ship the rest back if they sent a prepaid label, but they never replied to me. I waited two weeks and sent 3 emails before I filed a claim. They said want everything back (not a problem) but here are my questions: 1) Will I get reimbursed for the shipping cost back to them because they sent the wrong items and damaged items? B) Can I send the fruit in Ziplock bags instead of the plastic containers because, if I have to eat the shipping cost, it will be about half the cost since I can put it in a padded envelope instead of having to use the original huge box. Thanks for any help anyone can give me on this.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.