Returning an item

Freddy_98
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a tablet from Gumtree & paid the seller through PayPal (used the merchant option). 

The tablet didn't match the sellers description and was broken. 

I contacted the seller and asked to return the item for a refund. He kept rambling on about how it's easier to talk to him instead of opening a dispute. 

Anyway, after some talking, he won't give me an address that I can ship it back to. He said that he has contacted Paypal & Paypal will contact me with his return address. 

All my years of using Paypal, Paypal has never contacted me a sellers return address (The seller has straight up given me it). I'm not sure if this is a new thing or not. Is he being legitimate that Paypal will contact me with his return address?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Freddy_98 

How is PayPal going to contact you with return address when there is no dispute opened? Sounds like the guy is stalling.

Open a dispute with PayPal if you haven't already, both parties can still talk and resolve it there. If it doesn't, you can escalate to PayPal to step in to decide and facilitate the return if it comes to that.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.