Returning an item

Jennylouse22
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I'm wondering what happens to my open case if I ship the item back with a tracking number and the seller doesnt respond or claims they never got it? Will PayPal still grant my refund? Having issues with the seller

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jennylouse22

Paypal refund as soon as tracking shows the item as delivered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JaninePieterse
Contributor
Contributor
@Kernowless The question is “what if the seller, refuses the parcel”
Login to Me Too

Jennylouse22
Contributor
Contributor
Right. But it wont be too big to fit in a mailbox and sending USPS, so they wont have the chance to deny receiving the delivery, right? Does it for sure automatically give me the money upon delivery? My case says the seller has to say its been delivered.
Login to Me Too

JaninePieterse
Contributor
Contributor
@Jennylouse22 The seller needs to acknowledge receipt of your return before Paypal will refund you. If thet dont acknowledge this, you wont receive your money.
Login to Me Too

Jennylouse22
Contributor
Contributor
Well then that's a pointless policy. Theres plenty of sellers who aren't going to acknowledge it simply because they don't want to refund. So discouraging. I know for 100% sure she isn't going to admit she got it back, because she refuses to acknowledge that anything was wrong.
Login to Me Too

JaninePieterse
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried calling Customer Care? A lot of members have resolved their problems by calling.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jennylouse22

No they DO NOT have to acknowledge anything, Paypal reviews the dispute and if tracking shows the item as delivered then a refund is issued.

If the seller refusing the item then tracking will show that so then you just contact customer services and they should then issue you with a refund as you have done everything asked of you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.