Returning an item never received?

Fraser59
Contributor
Contributor

Well this is a little weird. I’ve been advised by PayPal of a refund I’m due but have to return the item I never actually received in the first place? Has anyone else ever had this problem? Still awaiting PayPal getting back to my agent text and wondering if I should just contact my cc provider for a refund claim.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fraser59 

See if c.s will change the dispute for you?

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fraser59 

Which dispute did you open?

Non receipt OR not as described?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Fraser59
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. It was ‘item not received’ 

I’ve tried the ‘contacting an agent’ on my PayPal account yesterday but as of this morning still no reply?

I’m thinking that I may be better contacting my cc provider if I don’t get any word back from PayPal today.

its obviously impossible to return a non existent item and PayPal have stated that if the seller (re. Scammer) does not acknowledge any item returned (like that was ever going to happen anyway) the case will be closed and my money lost. 

Login to Me Too

Fraser59
Contributor
Contributor
I have two cases open and it seems that I’ve inadvertently put one of them as ‘item not as described’ by mistake (ouch) This seems to be the issue. I appreciate you pointing that out.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fraser59 

See if c.s will change the dispute for you?

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Fraser59
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the info. I called customer care and they couldn’t be more helpful 😀👍🏻
Login to Me Too

Cougar621
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal refused to grant me a refund, even though I never received the product, their return policy is crystal clear ti reimburse the customer in case if he is don't receive the product or if it's different,,, paypal is really losing its credibility..
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.