Returning an crap item to seller would cost more than the purchase price

hohner
New Community Member

Dear All, 

I bought an item from a webshop for 70USD. The item (a tongue drum) arrived, but it is a cheap crap copy of what was advertised. It does not even look like the advertised one. It was a scam! I opened a remedy ticket in Paypal Dispute Center and requested a refund. The seller agreed to refund it if I return the item. 

Unfortunately the shipping would cost cca. 50-60 USD (free shipping was offered when I purchased), so I do not think it is a fair resolution money-wise. 

Could you please help what can I do here? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hohner 

PayPal has refunded return shipping program, see if your return is eligible and/or sign up for future purchases, if not:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

If you do not agree with the seller's request to return for a refund, PayPal will enforce it when they are asked to step in. Return for a refund is how they also resolve SNADs (Significantly Not As Described).

Do a web search on a merchant/site before buying. If you rely on low price than what is normal retail and not reputation, this is what happens.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.