Returning Item to get money back

c_rennie1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Wondering if someone can give me a some help/guidance - don't seem to get anything other than automated responses from paypal and the lack of customer service is making this 10x harder to resolve. 

I bought an item at the beginning of the year of a seller, when it arrived it turned out to be a replica (fake) of the item I actually ordered. I made paypal aware of this, and they asked me to return the item to the seller and provide proof of postage to get my money back. 

The paypal case went against me (despite providing them tracking information), which was very confusing. However I then learnt that the seller rejected the item when it was sent back to them and as such was sent back to the return address. I made paypal aware of this, however all im receiving is automated messages.

I spoke to someone last weeks and they ask for proof of the shipping despite it being out of date. This was provided to them, alongside photos of the item in the original condition and the parcel in which it was sent. I have YET AGAIN received another automated message saying the case has gone against me.

I want to know if anyone has experienced anything similar and if they have managed to resolve it. If not, any guidance on how to get this resolved would be really helpful. 

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@c_rennie1 

That sounds odd, did you provide tracking in the resolution centre within the time that Paypal gave you to return the item?

If so then try the contact info below to see if you can sort something out.

However can i just say that it is against UK law to sell fakes so if the seller was in the UK as well you could have told him that unless he refunded you would report him to trading standards OR you could have gone down the small claims route (if he knew you were going to do that he may well have voluntarily refunded).

Also if you provide written proof from either trading standards OR a shop / company that sells / makes the item that it is fake and then provide that info to Paypal when you open a dispute then you often do not have to return the item.

All that is by the by now though as its sadly too late so use the contact info below to see if you can get c.s. to help you and if not did you fund your Paypal payment via a credit card? If so then you could try a chargeback?

Also have you activated the below link to get your return shipping costs refunded (at least that will go someway towards getting some funds back).

Return shipping on us option......

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

UK contact info for c.s......

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@c_rennie1 

That sounds odd, did you provide tracking in the resolution centre within the time that Paypal gave you to return the item?

If so then try the contact info below to see if you can sort something out.

However can i just say that it is against UK law to sell fakes so if the seller was in the UK as well you could have told him that unless he refunded you would report him to trading standards OR you could have gone down the small claims route (if he knew you were going to do that he may well have voluntarily refunded).

Also if you provide written proof from either trading standards OR a shop / company that sells / makes the item that it is fake and then provide that info to Paypal when you open a dispute then you often do not have to return the item.

All that is by the by now though as its sadly too late so use the contact info below to see if you can get c.s. to help you and if not did you fund your Paypal payment via a credit card? If so then you could try a chargeback?

Also have you activated the below link to get your return shipping costs refunded (at least that will go someway towards getting some funds back).

Return shipping on us option......

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

UK contact info for c.s......

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.