Returning Item For Refund Costs More Than Item

dannyg808
Contributor
Contributor

Hey PayPal Family,

In October, I ordered a retro gaming console that claimed to play 600+ Super Nintendo (SNES) games.

It took over a month to arrive, and when it did, the box it came in was nearly smashed to oblivion.

Most importantly however, I discovered that it didn't play a single SNES game – only Nintendo games.

I opened a ticket to ask for a refund due to 1) Different Item Than Purchased, and 2) Damaged Item.

The vendor apologized and offered a half refund. I responded with a demand for the full refund.

Unfortunately, they're located in China, and there's no realistic way for me to return this item without paying more than I paid for the item itself.

The ticket is still pending, because I have no way of conversing with the vendor again. I can only cancel or upload a tracking number.

What is your suggestion to get my money back?

Thank you.

Danny G

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
I phoned uk number had to wait about 30 mins to get through I had same problem but with different items offer edit full refund if I sent goods back to China I don’t think so I kept refusing to do everything they suggested even though they repeated it to me over and over again I just kept saying I had no intention of doing that eventually I got credit of the £40 to my account I also told them hundred if people are being scammed especially from China and PayPal not doing anything about it and knowing fully what these scammers are doing I hope you get refund easy to say but dig your heels in once I’ve spent my credit like everyone else I’m closing my account
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dannyg808 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.