Returning Damaged item to seller.

Floater32
Contributor
Contributor
I Requested Refund for a damaged item. PayPal expects me to pay for shipping to return the damaged item before issuing a full refund. Why must I be responsible and out shipping costs to return the item to the seller? They packaged the item in a poly mailer with no protection it was a double walled Starbucks cup. Arrived cracked!!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Floater32 

You’ll have to register your account for the program. Read the fine print and program rules to see if you are eligible for reimbursement.

Otherwise, reach out to customer services.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

/@Floater32 

Is this a purchase from Starbucks? Maybe they’ll let you return it to a store?

PayPal policy is that you are required return item as settlement of your claim. You can apply for reimbursement of return costs, if eligible.

PayPal ruled in your favor, seller lose sale, has to accept return and refund you. You pay to return and apply for reimbursement. That is the process. Contact customer service and see if they will refund you.

Login to Me Too

Floater32
Contributor
Contributor
No it's from an individual. So your saying if I return the item, PayPal will reimburse me my shipping costs??? If this is the case I will gladly return the item. I just don't feel I should be out anything when the cup arrived cracked and damaged due to sellers poor packaging.
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Floater32 

You’ll have to register your account for the program. Read the fine print and program rules to see if you are eligible for reimbursement.

Otherwise, reach out to customer services.

Login to Me Too

Floater32
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your help!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.