Returned item - PayPal refused refund

Hackneyrob
Contributor
Contributor
I bought a smart watch from a Chinese company in Essex. It lacked features and was limited, plus I noticed damage to the strap at the pin connection to the watch. I returned the item but only got Proof of Postage. PayPal refused my claim by saying I had no proof, though I sent them a photo of the receipt. I am now left without the goods or my cash. How do I appeal or force a refund? Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hackneyrob 

In the event of an item not received dispute a seller has to provide trackable proof of delivery of the item to the buyer.

So equally in the event of an item being returned to a seller the buyer has to provide trackable proof of delivery of the item back to the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hackneyrob 

In the event of an item not received dispute a seller has to provide trackable proof of delivery of the item to the buyer.

So equally in the event of an item being returned to a seller the buyer has to provide trackable proof of delivery of the item back to the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hackneyrob
Contributor
Contributor
I didn't know I had to get tracking on the return. Now I do, but too late. Thanks.
Login to Me Too

Andy541
New Community Member
I got tracking proof but because it was returned to a hub PayPal refused refund. Courier sent email stating item was back with seller. Seller sent an email saying they'd received it. PayPal still refused a refund and demanded a written letter from seller on headed notepaper. PayPal are fast becoming a nightmare to deal with and customer care is non existant
Login to Me Too

barbarato
Contributor
Contributor
If u dont work for paypal wy r u answering the questions!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@barbarato 

Because this is a 'user to user' COMMUNITY advice forum.

If you don't want advice then don't bother posting on here.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.