Return to sender

woonpp
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have purchased a phone from Wish and it turned out to be a fake item. Have disputed and was asked to return to sender. I have returned via tracking based on the address given. The last time I checked was the message on Australian post was "Incorrect item on address". How is it going to affect my returns.

On a separate note, why is paypal supporting Wish who are selling fake items? I am sure I am not the same victim.

Thank you.

Regards,

Peir

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@woonpp 

Paypal doesn't choose your sellers, you do. Paypal just safely processes the payment to your chosen seller for you.

Paypal are not an insurance company and could not possibly check every seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.
So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

If tracking does not prove delivery back to the seller you 'may' lose BUT if you do then contact c.s. and state you did everything asked of you and as long as you sent the item back to the address paypal provided for you then you should get a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.