Return to China & pay shopping!

Karla_Moore
New Community Member
I ordered a play tent for £20 and the China seller sent me a plastic solider worth less than £1. I contacted them various times and they offered me various amounts of refund but not 100%. The item I was sent, is not the item ordered, its not even close in value or product type so it’s clearly a scam. I put in a dispute and PayPal said they replied in my favor and said I can have a refund if I return the small worthless plastic solider back to China tracked and I pay carriage! How can this be right as I didn’t receive the item I ordered so why do I have to pay (in postage more than the plastic solider is worth) to return it to get my money back. I keep going round and round to try and find somewhere to question this. The virtual assistant just tells me I have an open case and need to respond but the only way to respond is adding tracking for the return. Can someone help please? How can I talk to an actual person at PayPal? Thanks
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Saphire66
Contributor
Contributor

I am hving a similar problem with some composite decking i bought...seller wants me to return the items...20ft long...30 boards...and very heavy......how on earth am iexpected to retun all this and at my own cost......................

Login to Me Too

Piglet7567
New Community Member

I’m having the same problem ,paid £35 for 3 witches garden decorations and instead received a little hang up skeleton that you’d get from Poundland ! Offered me various amounts and said no I want full refund, I did not order the skeleton and it there fault That the wrong item sent. If I want my money back I have to pay return to China and in their words “if it’s not in good condition I get nothing “ what the chances they are going to say it’s not in good condition when it gets there . Why should I pay shipping when I didn’t order the item ...should I just put it down to experience...such A scam 

Login to Me Too

Steveiejohnno
Contributor
Contributor
I bought what is supposed to be a beautiful 1/3 working scale model of something and received a poxy Keyring worth about £1 and they expect me to tip up the money to send it back. Not only will it cost virtually what I will get back but the shipping address supplied is in Chinese, the Post Office in England will laugh at me if I take something there with that wrote on the package. I will never buy anything using PayPal again no protection for buyers against scamming Chinese. Btw the name of the company is “Wind time technology” AVOID like the Plague!!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steveiejohnno 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.