Return shipping label

ShepardBA
Contributor
Contributor

I have been going back and forth with Paypal.  Seller sent wrong item.  They say I need to return the wrong item before I can get a refund.  I need a prepaid shipping label.  This has been going on since 1-6-20.  I am not going to pay for return shipping - it was sellers fault they sent wrong item.  My questions:  How the hell do I tell PayPal that I need a return prepaid label.

Paypal is IMPOSSIBLE to contact.  I absolutely hate dealing with PayPal.  There is no way to get thru to them.  They ar a bunch of **bleep**.  It is user unfriendly.  I hit the "contact us" button, and get the automated **bleep**.  Over and over.  I really hate PayPal.  Does anyone else have issues with Paypal.  Has anyone gone to Zelle for payments.  I keep telling myself, I am going to stop buying anything on Ebay, because there is ALWAYS a problem.  Then to get a refund - they give the seller all kinds of consideration.  And, being the buyer, where you have followed all the rules, must wait weeks if not months to get a refund.  This is really unfair.  There is another dispute I have had, that is now going on 6 months.   

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

aga3683
Contributor
Contributor

@ShepardBA This is clearly a recurring problem that PayPal is doing absolutely nothing about. And by refusing to help, PayPal is just encouraging fraud and theft. There are many examples of off-shore vendors shipping wrong items and PayPal refusing to help, the only advice being "return the item for a refund".

It's an easy scam -- You buy something for $100, and get sent goods worth $5. Despite receiving the wrong item through no fault of your own, PayPal insists that you return the $5 item which will cost you $80 for shipping + tracking. There is little or no financial gain for the buyer to return.

In the last 15 minutes I have read three different posts, all with the same problem, and same standard response from @kernowlass.

My only advice is delete PayPal and if your transaction was at least linked to a credit card, dispute the charge with you credit card company. They at least have more integrity and offer more protection than PayPal do.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShepardBA 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

aga3683
Contributor
Contributor

@ShepardBA This is clearly a recurring problem that PayPal is doing absolutely nothing about. And by refusing to help, PayPal is just encouraging fraud and theft. There are many examples of off-shore vendors shipping wrong items and PayPal refusing to help, the only advice being "return the item for a refund".

It's an easy scam -- You buy something for $100, and get sent goods worth $5. Despite receiving the wrong item through no fault of your own, PayPal insists that you return the $5 item which will cost you $80 for shipping + tracking. There is little or no financial gain for the buyer to return.

In the last 15 minutes I have read three different posts, all with the same problem, and same standard response from @kernowlass.

My only advice is delete PayPal and if your transaction was at least linked to a credit card, dispute the charge with you credit card company. They at least have more integrity and offer more protection than PayPal do.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aga3683 

My responses state what paypal offers and the options that buyers have.

I would rather tell them the facts but maybe you would prefer i made up a better version that wasn't true?

The best thing to do is stop buying tat from these China sites in the first place, they are easy enough to spot.

Paypal is a payment processor and can't check out every seller / merchant / company / website globally that adds paypal to their websites.

Paypal gives you 'some' protection but it can never be a 100% coverall, its up to you to risk assess your own transactions.

How many times do folks post on here 'after i paid i read the reviews and realised it was a scam site' well my answer is READ the reviews first.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ainas69
Contributor
Contributor

The defective item I need to return was $20.99; the return will cost around $35.00, which does not make a lot of sense.

Login to Me Too

A_J_S_82
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same situation. I ordered an item and was sent a $1 plastic bin. I wanted a refund for the $23, but they want me to return it at a cost of $30 (shipping fee). Why would I willingly double my loss!? I know if I send it back and they will come up with some excuse not to refund my money. Its all BS cause they sent the wrong Item .. it is not my fault. Lesson learned. Never order from China sites. 

Login to Me Too

ainas69
Contributor
Contributor

Or shipment might be lost in the between the transition from one post office to another. In addition, I can claim the Return-Shipping-On-Us after the package delivery but no later than 30 days; a confirmation that PayPal was used to obtain postal services should be presented. Oh, one more, shipment cost can NOT be more than $30, while USPS will charge me something in the between $35-$55 ... 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.