Return shipping label for China purchases Chinese fraud

JB55
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, as this nightmare unfolds;(it's still not over), I think I got it. From what I'm seeing CHINA will take OVER or take DOWN Ebay, if Ebay doesn't get a handle on things, step up their game and make some quick, strict, stern changes. I mean a well thought out plan needs to be put into play, like.. yesterday! I have shopped and sold on Ebay for many years, and had never felt so unsupported as I do now. These fraudulent Chinese ebay stores are popping up all over and I'm not talking just DECEPTIVE marketing like with clever, srategic wording, or photo manipulation, like illusional size scaling of product, or waiting over a month, or longer, in anticipation to receive products from China that looked and sounded great on the ad, only to find the items you bought are made flimsy, with low quality materials, and the products fall apart after only a week, if that long. You get what you pay for, right? That was old school China. In my opinion, the NEW school China are bolder, lack empathy, to say the least, with a huge dash of narcissism. Why sugar coat, when you can out right LIE? I'm talking about listings with bold titles, like "100% Human Hair"Brazilian, Remy, Lace top Womens Wigs, Half price! Then have real nice photos of women with beautiful hair(there's a reason why it doesn't even look like a wig, duh hello) I check the "Details", for "Material", it's listed, "Human hair", BUT WHAT THEY SEND looks nothing like the wigs shown in their listings. I just stood there frozen in disbelief at first... Wait, What? They had printed up tags, that read "100% Human Hair" , and attached these tags to their doll shiney SYNTHETIC wigs!!! Ok, wow,"WHAT KIND OF PERSON DOES THIS??" Now trying to return and get refunded? This was a whole other added stress. At first, it rolled along, until it was noted the sellers are from China. That's when I felt the absence of Ebay support. Apparently getting a Return shipping label for China is an impossible task. This surprised me, because I thought, certainly this isn't the first time that someone needed to return an item from China. I figured there was a routined procedure already established, but instead, It felt like Ebay threw their hands in the air, saying,"Your on your own. . ." After riding the question merry go round a few times, I tried to deal with these Chinese sellers on my own. I clearly see NOW, that this is all a strategically pre- plotted out routine for these sellers, with pre-scripted steps, full of tricks, basically, to stall and frustrate complaining buyers, into giving up, or to run out of the allotted time ebay gives you to return items. I got 6 wigs, two different sellers. Their first step, reply with a pre scripted email, acting like they are confused about this must be mix up, so sorry, and please, give them time to look into it, and correct it, by sending the CORRECT wig. <removed>, I replied, I want a FULL REFUND. I got offered partially refund of $17 on a $73 purchase of 2 wigs, oh and "YOU KEEP WIGS" If I wanted cheap synthetic wigs, lady, I would've bought them, and for much less. HER preplanned approach is to act like a sweet, poor struggling merchant. I'm sure, she has more money than me, with broken english she writes, "My dear Please be understand do please accept offer $17 and you keep wigs, my dearest beautiful friend thank you for understand. " The other seller, is more shrewd. He seems to dabble in computer hacking, as he buys time, by somehow making Ebay think he sent a Return shipping label to my email, but when I open the link, it goes back to the page from Ebay, that says, "Good news, the seller sent you a Return shipping label!" Check your email..blah, blah. So I get sent in circles, while this hacking seller smells like a rose in Ebays eyes(nose?), because NOW I get notices from Ebay telling me to send item back to seller before such in such date, or you can lose your refund and your case will close." Great, and of course there's no way to reply to these notices. I don't see a phone #. I'm writing in the feedback and chatting with bots, who have no clue, trying to get the word to Ebay that the seller NEVER sent a return shipping label! It's like a chess game with a timer counting down. Right now, I think they have me at checkmate. I have both sellers PROMISE that IF I PAY for shipping, and after they receive items back, they PROMISE they will give me a FULL REFUND, PLUS MY SHIPPING COSTS. OK,.um...I don't need this <removed>! How am I in this situation???? I'm supposed to trust this seller, who prints up tags that read "100% Human Hair", and sticks them on cheap, synthetic wigs??? I refuse to give him last laugh! After someone advised me to take it to PayPal, I CALLED customer service and the rep told me, DO NOT PAY for the shipping, so good, no checkmate. She told me I don't have to do anything right now, that by the 30th, I will get notice by email, of decision and what to do then. She assured me that with this, I qualify for the Ebay/PayPal moneyback Guarantee. That's great to hear, and I will definitely take it, AND appreciate it, but shouldn't these Chinese sellers pay??? I mean doesn't this just encourage them to continue on with their fraudulent business practices, and invite more and more sellers like this to rip buyers off? I can forsee ebay so full of foriegn fraud stores, that people won't know which ads to believe, or just buy domestically, or just quit shopping on Ebay all together, as to avoid the risk. It's also not fair to the HONEST foreign vendors, as they lose business, as buyers avoid foreign markets. What works, is what Ebay does with new sellers, for a trial period, which is hold the money in like an ESCROW fund, which was PayPal, and only until they get confirmation that item was delivered and buyer satisfied, then they will release to the seller the money. This should be done with all sellers, always. This is the procedure used by Mercari, Offerup shipping, Poshmark, and many other self seller sites. EBAY should use this process, ESPECIALLY with overseas businesses. So now I wait, feeling a little less stress, but I just want this nightmare over! My advice, besides avoid buying from China, is if you find yourself in a situation like this, the question merry Go around will only frustrate you more. Avoid it. I can see it helpful for many simple problems, but if it starts taking you in circles, don't hesitate to CALL. The phone number isn't very easily visible on the site, but it IS accessible, with a little searching. Google "Customer Service Ebay" or whichever site you need. Oh, and some more advice, "PAY with PAYPAL, when ever possible!"

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.