Return postage in dispute

Vicky106
Contributor
Contributor
Hi can anyone advise? I ordered a gift for Father’s Day which didn’t turn up in time and when it did it was damaged. Turns out it was from China (I didn’t realise this when I bought it) they’ve offered me a refund but no return postage and the PayPal help page says that I’m responsible for the return postage. Is this correct? Surely I am not liable to have to pay postage back to China for a defective item?! It’ll probably cost more than the item is worth!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vicky106 

Yes, it is correct, you’re not entitled to return postage in the dispute. This is in the buyer protection terms. Only seller can offer that and follow through with it. But doing so can lead to another issue for you...if the seller paid you for return postage via PayPal goods and services which includes dispute rights, the seller can dispute you for the postage back if tracking doesn’t show delivery.

PayPal cannot refund more than the original amount paid from within the dispute. You can sign up and apply for reimbursement after mailing the return if eligible. Google “PayPal return shipping”.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Vicky106
Contributor
Contributor
Oh no! They originally offered me a part refund which I declined because the item is damaged but if I send this back to China I’ll be worse off. Can I accept the original offer? I can’t find anywhere to reply to the offer, it just says I have to send it back.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.