Return from Hell (can't get seller to respond)

kristinlozoya
New Community Member

Ok, so I opened a case with Paypal regarding a smartwatch I bought from a seller in China. This was promoted on Instagram as a smartwatch for your child to wear that links to a tracking app. The watch arrived with no instructions and no means of finding the app online. I contacted the seller multiple times. Each time they asked me if I wanted to buy a watch. Clearly there was a language barrier or this is some sort of Spam situation. Like I said I opened a case and initially the seller offered a ten dollar refund. The watch cost 40. I rejected the offer. Paypal sent an automated response saying in order to receive a refund I needed to return the item to the address listed. The address listed is a long address written in Chinese characters. I contacted the seller again, asking for a shipping label and was told I can order a watch and it will arrive in ten days. I am in the twilight zone! HOW CAN I RETURN A WATCH WITHOUT A PROPER ADDRESS!!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kristinlozoya

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.