Return for a refund

Andrian91
Contributor
Contributor
I orderd an item on ebay, but after received it I dont need it anymore and I would like to send it back. On ebay page I started a return but its been closed because buyer doesnt accept returns. What can I do to return it and get the money back?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Gerry5039
Contributor
Contributor

You are allowed to send it back by law, if you live in the UK under the consumer Credit Act 2015. Ebay had no right to delete it, they have broken the law.

Saying No Returns is illegal, and should not be allowed in the listing you have the right to return. No Returns, Sold as Seen,  does no indemnify them of their obligations in law.  Just the same as all Business Sellers must include their address at the bottom of their listings. Small hint Always look to see if they are a business before ever purchasing anything on Ebay. If no address dont buy. 90% of the times you will get scanned

Hope this helps you

Login to Me Too

Andrian91
Contributor
Contributor
Seller lives in UK. I live in Cyprus. I just wondering if is there any steps with PayPal I can follow to start a return and get my money and shipping cost back and if this is any possible (to send an item if you dont want it anymore or if you changed your mind). On ebay return page, address was listed, but its been closed, so even if im gonna send it back im not gonna take the money back
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Andrian91 

Sorry but why is that the sellers problem?

Ebay and Paypal do not cover 'buyer remorse' and the seller does not have to refund.

Suggest you give it as a gift or re-sell it yourself on Ebay or whereever.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gerry5039 

Not true, they only have to refund for faulty or not as described goods.

https://www.ridc.org.uk/content/consumer-rights

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/changed-your-mind/changing-your-mind-about-something-youv...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gerry5039
Contributor
Contributor

I would suggest yo check with the Ombudsman, he tells a different story.

Login to Me Too

Gerry5039
Contributor
Contributor

Check the distance selling part of the Act, unless the seller is totally honest with their description,  the item is automatically miss sold and there is no time limit, however the do work on within the first 30 days, that's why I will never buy anything from China anymore because everything they sell is miss sold their descriptions are always vague, items marked with the EU conformity badge when the are not allowed to do it, Selling copied goods, selling dead computer components, and the story goes on. You have no protection from Ebay or Paypal when any of the above happens, as long as the seller says they will refund if items are sent back, you then have to pay the full cost of the postage to China. They know that you wont send it back because of the cost.

Paypal will onle give you a max of £15 back no matter where you have to send it back to.

IE I bought a Computer motherboard it was dead on arrival it cosy me £63.50 I could not get any satisfaction from the seller, I opened a case with Paypal they sent message to seller, seller said return and they will refund, Paypal said I must pay the postage and I cannot claim that from the seller.  It was going to cost me £53.93 to send it,  so I said I cant afford that on a pension, they closed the case and marked it resolved. Just because I could not pay out more money.

So I strongly advise any buyer on Ebay to send a message to any seller and ask questions about the product, so you get something to print off, if there claims don't match what you get, they don't have a leg to stand on, that means no matter who you buy from then you are fully protected by the law.

Don't depend on Ebay or Paypal you will just be diappionted, they are not interested, they have already made their money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.