Return Shipping

Midg3
Contributor
Contributor

I posted last night about the dispute I'm involved in and how I used the Guest portal to buy the item. Well, PayPal has decided the money will be refunded to me and that in order to get my refund, I have to ship the product. That's fine and kind of what I expected. The thing is, I'm not really one to ship things, and the prices I'm seeing between companies indicates USPS might be my cheapest route. This thing isn't even a pound and doesn't get even near twelve inches in size. I was putting all of the information I have in and it came back with a total of $34 and change for shipping internationally to Vietnam through Priority mail. I read that PayPal only refunds up to $30 on shipping costs. 

I guess I have a few questions. One, who could tell me if it would be cheaper to ship in my own box or could I opt for one of those shipping envelopes? Two, am I eligible for the return refund on shipping despite using a Guest portal instead? As I understand it, them issuing me a refund given the nature of my transaction is really a kindness, for which I am thankful. 

Hmm, I can't really think of other questions I need to ask, so if anything else can be suggested to me while answering what I have asked, I would greatly appreciate it. March 2nd is the absolute last day I can ship this and provide them with proof. Thankfully, I do know Priority mail supplies tracking, so I'm good there. 

Side note: Thanks again @sharpiemarker for your help last night and sorry if I came off rude as I didn't intend to in the least bit. And hey! I managed some success! 🙂 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Midg3 

Thanks! And you're very welcome.  If you are shipping via priority mail intl, the Post office should have free cardboard or padded bubble envelopes and even different sized boxes for that service near where they keep the customs and certified mail forms and the like. Ask a Postal clerk for assistance.

I took a look-see and you do have to pay with your paypal account to be eligible for the return shipping reimbursement unfortunately.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/returns/terms

But register for the return shipping reimbursement feature for your PayPal account anyway so the option will appear in the transaction details on future purchases.

Yes, Chinese sellers will put they are in the US but there are other ways you can tell after you've seen enough ads and sites. They sorta have this "template". Price too good to be true compared with what others are selling, typos or bad grammar in their ads and sites, no company logo. You also have to go with your gut feeling sometimes too. I just stick with the tried and true names and buy direct from authorized dealers or the brand website or physical location.  One case I remember, someone said they saw a deal with a smartphone for $50 and mentioned the brand and model so I did a search, this phone generally retail for $200 to 300 dollars so you know it is a scam. That's too big of a sale. lol

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Midg3 

Thanks! And you're very welcome.  If you are shipping via priority mail intl, the Post office should have free cardboard or padded bubble envelopes and even different sized boxes for that service near where they keep the customs and certified mail forms and the like. Ask a Postal clerk for assistance.

I took a look-see and you do have to pay with your paypal account to be eligible for the return shipping reimbursement unfortunately.

But register for the return shipping reimbursement feature for your PayPal account anyway so the option will appear in the transaction details on future purchases.

Yes, Chinese sellers will put they are in the US but there are other ways you can tell after you've seen enough ads and sites. They sorta have this "template". Price too good to be true compared with what others are selling, typos or bad grammar in their ads and sites, no company logo. You also have to go with your gut feeling sometimes too. I just stick with the tried and true names and buy direct from authorized dealers or the brand website or physical location.  One case I remember, someone said they saw a deal with a smartphone for $50 and mentioned the brand and model so I did a search, this phone generally retail for $200 to 300 dollars so you know it is a scam. That's too big of a sale. lol

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Midg3
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker wrote:

@Midg3 

Hey again! Ok, thanks for that information. I'll go ahead and do the reimbursement request anyway after I have sent the item, though perhaps I should wait and hear back on a rep about it just to be sure because then it seems if I don't get shipping reimbursed, my entire refund will only about to a few cents! However, I'm prideful enough to just take that because I know the scammers would be the ones paying in the end. I feel that the reason they requested the item back is because they most likely knew it would cost a decent amount, or it could just be PayPal protocol. 

Oi, that is definitely too good to be true, and I just watched that folding $2k phone Samsung has coming out April 26! Lol, it'd be nice if we could get good stuff like that for that cheap, but no-go in this world. Lol, you just reminded me I need to order a new screen protector. Look at you being all helpful in multiple ways. Rofl. 

Thanks again! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.