Return Shipping Cost

Parahai
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I bought an item via a UK website for little under £1000. During assembly it broke due to a design error. Now PayPal says I am entitled to a full refund if I send the item back.

Here is the problem - The item was shipped from Cyprus, even though I bought it from a UK website. There was no indication this would be the case. The company had a store in the UK, which has since closed. I also had no way of knowing this and was not made aware before buying.

My only option now is to send it back to the shippers address, which is in Cyprus, making the shipping cost £300.

Any advice on what to do?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Parahai 

Pay to ship it back or lose the PayPal dispute and unless you registered for PayPal's return shipping refund program prior to filing a dispute, this return may not be eligible for shipping refund. But the most the program will pay is £15. 

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Or you may forfeit your PayPal dispute altogether and dispute via your card issuer exclusively, their dispute terms may be broader than PayPal's. PayPal won't let you keep both item and money, force the seller to provide return shipping postage, nor can they refund you more than the original transaction amount in the dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.