Return Item to China scammers - Paypal offers no protection it seems

dbsand
Contributor
Contributor

Now that I look at the community, I see this is a common issue. Scammers send fake or not-as-described items from China. Then when we ask for a refund, buyer needs to ship back the item, to an address with 42 Chinese characters in it (not exaggerating) and shipping would cost more than the item cost. I paid for a $25 item and got sent a $3 item, and not worth anyone's time/money to ship back. I guess they just have my $25 now along with many others. Nice "protection" Paypal, I will be using you as little as possible in the future. I can't believe you allow sellers to continue transacting after false advertising and shady business practices. A dollar is a dollar I guess.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Temp20201130b
Contributor
Contributor

This is exactly what happened to me. And so far, PayPal has done nothing to assist me. I know I will have to accept a loss here, but PayPal will have a loss as well - Me as a customer for approx 20 years. I won’t be the only loser.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.