Retailer asking me to close the dispute as they can't refund (so they say)

carwynjones
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have raised a dispute as a retailer has not refunded me following receiving my returned goods (all confirmed)

They are telling me they cannot refund me without closing the dispute - seems strange.

I assume I should not close the dispute and I have imagined the resolution of my dispute is them refunding me, so I cannot believe it is not possible.

any advice?

thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@carwynjones 

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless having a dispute process at all.
NEVER close until you have a refund, if he refunds you then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

carwynjones
Contributor
Contributor

thanks

the retailer is now saying the issue is that they cannot carry out a partial refund due to the dispute being open?

any thoughts?

Paypal aren't replying to me so I am not sure what to do??

thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@carwynjones 

He's talking rubbish, as i said if you had to close a dispute to get a refund then no one would ever get a refund because once you close it the seller can ignore you and you would not be able to reopen or open a second dispute.

Escalate to a claim and let paypal sort it for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Me2_scammed
Contributor
Contributor
It is a ploy so that you will close dispute (appearing issue resolved) and you will never get refunded. You cannot dispute again, so they gotcha!! Keep escalating dispute.
Login to Me Too

Me2_scammed
Contributor
Contributor
DO NOT close your dispute. This company is holding your money hostage. That would make it appear you no longer have any issues with that company. I'm at the stage where they want me to pay to ship my flat irons back to CHINA before they refund. You have already paid for return shipment, they should refund now, and they know it. They just don't want bad reviews.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.