Restrictions on my account and PayPal Support is being frustrating

dr302
New Community Member

It's been a frustrating 2 1/2 weeks, as I've been given no reason on why my account has been restricted and have been rotated between 7 different people who keep requesting "documents". I've sent over 20 documents including my Photo ID, 10 invoices, recent activity on PayPal, and other personal information such as confirmation of SSN, birthday, and facial requirements. Some background information is that I'm a seller on Ebay, but just a brief seller (I'm in college and I decided to sell all my childhood things at my parent's house). I was selling these childhood items from March 2020 to June 2020. Near the end of my sales (beginning of June), I had sold an iPhone 7, which the buyer wanted to return because the battery health percentage was too low. I tried to do a refund but an error happened so I end up calling Ebay support. They explained to me that PayPal had updated something in their website/services so now you can only withdraw money if you have that amount in your PayPal. Before, if I were to make a refund or withdraw, PayPal would pull it from by bank account. Now, I would have to transfer that directly to PayPal and then refund. Either way, Ebay told me that I had to pay for shipping also (which I didn't know), so they asked if they could create a case in which I didn't have to go through all those hoops and the refund would be fast and secure. I agreed and the refund was initiated and settled (I also got a refund for the shipping costs). This is when my account got restricted. Another thing I'm frustrated about is that PayPal keeps asking for invoices for how I got all sold previous items and the receipts to them. They also ask for "the supplier". What in the world? Do they not get that these are childhood items and that I'm the supplier? Please help. I don't need this on my plate right now.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.