Restriction for no reason and customer support not responding

Kehai
Contributor
Contributor

Heyo, i've had my account restricted since 12 mar and i've only noticed that on the 20 mar since i didn't have anything to buy with it till that date.
I've sent a message to customer support on the same day and it's been 5 days with no answer about it.
the restore dashboard is also not working as it only show me that i can't use paypal anymore with no way to actually restore it.
I'm using this paypal account only for personal spending on gaming currency and such and i've never used it for anything else not even recieving 1 cents on my paypal account so i just can't understand why it's restricted and if there is a way to get my account back.
In case it's not possible can i delete my account so my informations don't stay on the open with no reasons ?
I'd appreciate any help or advice, thanks

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kehai 

Permanently suspended accounts can not be closed. Even if you can close an account in general when there is nothing wrong with it, I doubt the information is wiped for security purposes so others can't use the same information on another account or the information can be cross referenced for former account holder and PayPal's security or even law enforcement purposes.

Contact customer service for assistance to see if you can restore your account:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kehai
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, thanks for your answer.
I finally got a reply from paypal customer service but all i've got is '"our decision to leave your account in a permanent limitation status is final."

Which was not my question, i asked why i got limited since they never said why.
Guess that's it for me with paypal.
Thanks again for your answer 🙂
Have a nice day

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kehai 

They never give you an answer, you just have to presume you violated their policies in some way.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kehai
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I see, well pretty sure i never did anything wrong unless they count buying gaming currency and steam games as violation.
Thanks for your clarification i'm gonna go back to my old buddy the credit card Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kehai 

buying gaming currency

Yep that would be it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kehai
Contributor
Contributor

Hello again, sorry for the late reply i was busy with work.
By gaming currency i'm actually taking about the premium currency like Riot points for the game League of legend or gems for clash royale.

So i doubt that was the reason behind it

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.