Restricted account

KevinLid
Contributor
Contributor
My account is restricted because I put in a fake date of birth when I made the account, and now I’m 19 and sent them my id and proof of address, but it’s obviously a different date of birth than the one I put in when I made the account. PayPal emailed me to say I should make a new account and then start a contact us thing and ask them to transfer my money to my new account but when I do that they say I have to unrestrict my account first which can’t be done obviously because my real DOB is different to the one I put in when I made the account. Please help
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KevinLid 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.

That account is basically fried and you can never use it as it was an illegal underage account.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you may not have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18.
HOWEVER as you are now of age then yes open a new paypal account and paypal will then 'transfer' the funds to your new account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KevinLid
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I’ve asked them to do that numerous times and they just say back that they can’t do anything until I unrestrict my account, unfortunately I can’t do that obviously
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KevinLid 

Well they do not have to transfer the funds although they often do as a goodwill gesture.

But sadly thats what happens if you trying breaking rules and opening legal financial accounts with fake info.  😥

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.