cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring account balance

Highlighted
Contributor

Restoring account balance

Last week I made a payment through PayPal without realising there wasn't enough money in my bank account. The payment went through and my PayPal account went to -£28.50, the cost of the purchase. As soon as I was paid, the amount was automatically minused from my bank account and shows up on my statements. However my PayPal account is still in -£28.50, and now whenever I try to use PayPal for another purchase, they say they are going to add the cost of the previous purchase, which has already been taken from my bank account! Help please? the help section of this site is incredibly un user friendly and it's impossible to talk to an actual person!
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Restoring account balance

@Hedaravine 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

However if you are transferring funds yourself to sort a neg balance then you don't get credited upfront and you have to take the wait.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.