Response to claim, Can not see photos I attached in case history

mysticmessenger
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email from paypal that one of my buyers opened a case regarding a transaction that happened on Nov 2. The transaction was $100 and they received what they were paying for. I proceeded to email this person about it and they responded by saying that the dispute was an error and they received what they were paying for. So I asked them to cancel the dispute but they could not see it on their profile. Obviously I screenshotted all this correspondence and made sure the emails were visible because it is the email associated with the buyers paypal account. 

I then responded to the claim and typed out everything that happened I also mentioned that I attached photos and I did. After I submitted the response though, I could not see the photos I uploaded and instead only see the text I put. I am concerned that paypal may not be able to see the photos since I can't pull them up in my case history. What should I do? I don't want to lose $100, especially when the buyer even admitted that they received what they paid for. 

So I guess my question is: Are photos usually hidden from the buyer and seller after they have responded to a dispute? I swear I attached the photos but I can't find any files in the case history; only my typed explanation. Can paypal see them and we just can't? Is there a way that I could potentially lose this case?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MichaelHF
Contributor
Contributor

If you look at the dispute history it'll show as for example image.jpg or whatever name.jpg or png or pdf or whatever file version you added. You can always contact paypal through chat or phone and confirm with them if you're too concerned. I really hope things will go your way

Login to Me Too

mysticmessenger
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I don't see anything like image.jpg on my case history or anything so I am going to call them and hopefully I can get some help because I do not think the photos uploaded correctly

Login to Me Too

MichaelHF
Contributor
Contributor

Wish you the best

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mysticmessenger wrote:

I got an email from paypal that one of my buyers opened a case regarding a transaction that happened on Nov 2. The transaction was $100 and they received what they were paying for. I proceeded to email this person about it and they responded by saying that the dispute was an error and they received what they were paying for. So I asked them to cancel the dispute but they could not see it on their profile. Obviously I screenshotted all this correspondence and made sure the emails were visible because it is the email associated with the buyers paypal account. 

I then responded to the claim and typed out everything that happened I also mentioned that I attached photos and I did. After I submitted the response though, I could not see the photos I uploaded and instead only see the text I put. I am concerned that paypal may not be able to see the photos since I can't pull them up in my case history. What should I do? I don't want to lose $100, especially when the buyer even admitted that they received what they paid for. 

So I guess my question is: Are photos usually hidden from the buyer and seller after they have responded to a dispute? I swear I attached the photos but I can't find any files in the case history; only my typed explanation. Can paypal see them and we just can't? Is there a way that I could potentially lose this case?

When a dispute is opened, each party can escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days. Has it been escalated to a claim? If it hasn't and the buyer said that they were satisfied, both parties can just move on and let the dispute time out after 20 days, and PayPal will automatically close the case. If its escalated, then you'll need to contact PayPal about those pictures not appearing.

"Escalate the dispute to a claim for reimbursement within 20 days after opening the dispute, if you and the seller are unable to come to an agreement, or we will automatically close the dispute."

As per: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#purchase-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.