Resolving issue with seller to provide return shipping label contingent upon refund

Bluebuck746
Contributor
Contributor

Purchased item through eBay. Based my buying decision upon seller’s posting. Item (carburetor) was an after market carburetor for Briggs and Stratton lawn mower engines. The information provided by the seller included the model carburetor that replaces the original.

In good faith, I ordered the replacement carburetor. It included free shipping which was a selling feature I was looking at as well.

When item arrived, and I went to install it, the carburetor was incomplete and did not have a vital piece in its design to allow  its use on my engine, when compared to mine.
I subsequently contacted seller, who informed me that there were many different Briggs and Stratton engines and suggested “I try to work with it”. That was not an option and I requested a refund and the seller send me a return shipping label. Seller agreed to refund, but not before I ship item back to seller at my expense. Why should I have to pay anything when in good faith and based my purchase on the sellers listing, 

Why should I be held hostage with my refund and a seller

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bluebuck746 

If you filed an Ebay dispute then did you scroll down the options and request a refund based on 'item received but not as described?' rather than just request a return?

Only the first few mean that you pay shipping as its buyer remorse, the last ones the seller has to send you a shipping label if Ebay find in favour of you and tell the seller to accept a full refund and pay shipping.

However thats Ebays dispute process, Paypals is different and with paypal you have to pay to return the item at your own expense if paypal find in your favour BUT will help towards those costs if you have activated the return shipping option on your paypal account as per link below.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bluebuck746 

If you filed an Ebay dispute then did you scroll down the options and request a refund based on 'item received but not as described?' rather than just request a return?

Only the first few mean that you pay shipping as its buyer remorse, the last ones the seller has to send you a shipping label if Ebay find in favour of you and tell the seller to accept a full refund and pay shipping.

However thats Ebays dispute process, Paypals is different and with paypal you have to pay to return the item at your own expense if paypal find in your favour BUT will help towards those costs if you have activated the return shipping option on your paypal account as per link below.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.