Resolution

Summrbabee
Contributor
Contributor
I filed a resolution on an item I didnt receive. Paypal came back stating I received the item and would not refund me. I am trying to prove to them now that what I received was NOT what I was supposed to get. And I can prove that how do I go about re-opening it?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Summrbabee 

If you received an item then why did you open a dispute for non receipt?

Surely you would have opened a dispute for item received but not as described?

Non receipt would be won by the seller if they had trackable proof of delivery. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Summrbabee
Contributor
Contributor
Good question, I received a package in a 12x10 mailing envelope. No paperwork Not from the company I ordered from so I did not or wouldn't know that was what they "Proved" was sent. It was supposed to be a camping chair, that is NOT what I paid for. Can I re open a dispute? Any idea?
Login to Me Too

Summrbabee
Contributor
Contributor
Good question, well I got a package in the mail with NO paperwork inside or no info stating where it was from on the outside. It came in a 12x10 padded envelope. A camping chair that adults are to sit in wouldn't fit in an envelope. So I did not have any idea that is what whomever shipped to me was a supposed to be. That is why I filed as non received. Am I able to re open and file as "Not as described" ??? Any idea? I'm still with in my 180 days.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Summrbabee 

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say you made a mistake then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Summrbabee
Contributor
Contributor
Good idea I didn't think of contacting my cc company. I will definitely try contacting PayPal to see if they can re open or open another dispute. If not I will try my cc. Thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.