Resolution

Ste4627
New Community Member
I didn’t recieve a item I paid for so made a claim through PayPal but it’s taking longer and longer for them to sort it out. Every time I check on my account the final date has changed. Can’t message them atm and a hour wait on the phone
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Silvermaple
Contributor
Contributor

Try using Help - Contact Us - Message Us (if available in your area) to get in touch with a Paypal agent.  My claim resolution date pushed back every day for two weeks, so I messaged PayPal and had the claim resolved in my favour in 6 hours.  If your claim was not resolved within a reasonable period of time, contact your credit card issuer (if you paid the purchase with credit) to do a chargeback.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ste4627 

Yep it is at the moment as paypal are inundated with claims from buyers that bought tat from these China web sites or Social Media ads. So all claims are being pushed back, all you can do is wait it out until they get around to your turn in the queue.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Silvermaple
Contributor
Contributor

Try using Help - Contact Us - Message Us (if available in your area) to get in touch with a Paypal agent.  My claim resolution date pushed back every day for two weeks, so I messaged PayPal and had the claim resolved in my favour in 6 hours.  If your claim was not resolved within a reasonable period of time, contact your credit card issuer (if you paid the purchase with credit) to do a chargeback.

Login to Me Too

procadman
Contributor
Contributor

The odds of you getting a refund are slim.

I received 1 item from a tool kit of 7 (Dent puller).

Because I received one item Paypal closed my claim.

In other words: I'm **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@procadman 

Then why didn't you open a dispute for 'item received but not as described' OR if you had a non receipt dispute open CHANGE it to one of not as described before it closed.

If you did open one for non receipt and then it closed then contact customer services, explain you have now received it and its misdescribed and sometimes they open a second one for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

procadman
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a dispute.

This case is the one I'm having trouble responding to.

I have messaged customer service, theoretically.

Login to Me Too

procadman
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks to all who responded.
So far I've gotten one case handled.  It just took them a few days to get back to me and understand what the real issue is.
I'll let you know how the 2nd issue (bait and switch) goes.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.