Resolution unsatisfactory

Neil869
New Community Member

I received an item that wasn’t as described, I took out a case with the resolution centre. I received a message today to say that in order to get a full refund I have to send the item to China, when the return address is in Southall, UK. It will probably cost me more to send the item back to China than it actually cost so I am out of pocket either way. I have tried to email PayPal to inform them of this but I can’t find anyway to contact them. Any tips would be grateful.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

marshallk222
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item called the Cat Cave from an Instagram advert. I paid with PayPal. After a month I got not what I had ordered. I ordered a woolwoven rainbow cat cave. What I received was a man maid nylon material with a zipper. Nothing REMOTELY LIKE WHAT WAS ADVERTISED AND WHAT I ORDERED" I contacted the original product advertiser (CAT CAVE FOLKS) and they forwarded me to a web page on their site that explains that a company had hijacked their product video and when you think you are ordering their cat cave you are getting something sort of cat cave but not what was advertised. After a month of resolution attempts, I'm now supposed to send the item back to China and when they get it the seller will refund my money. I'M SUPPOSED TO SEND IT TO CHINA!!!! THE OTEM TOOK 6 WEEKS TO GET TO ME IN THE US. And it's supposed to arrive there withing 10 days on the resolution center notifying me of the seller's response. The resolution center looks like it is going to allow this disreputable seller to get away with at the least a bait and switch or at worst retail fraud.

I'll send the item back when I get my refund and shipping costs. There is no guarantee that I'll get anything. And I use PayPal to avoid issues like this. If PayPal allows this to transpire I will be cautious about using their pay services in the future.  I use them because I trust they will hold bad businesses and customers to test. In this case someone learned how to scam not only the customer but the Paypal system as well.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marshallk222 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.