Resolution must be accepted even though it resulted in 'bait and switch fraud'???

Me_LPN
Contributor
Contributor

Case # PP-D-78989477 is a dispute I submitted because an item I ordered was not received. PayPal contacted the Zhixin Trading Co and they sent something so the case was closed and my claim denied. They sent a two inch metal toy hammer NOT the hammer tool set that I ordered. PayPal's resolution has allowed this company to successfully scam me and basically steal $29.98 using bait and switch fraud. How can I get appropriate assistance? All PayPal avenues now seem closed.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Me_LPN 

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Me_LPN
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your advice. I have, indeed, contacted my bank to dispute the transaction. I can't help but feel that PayPal has (in a way) enabled this vendor to get away with 'bait and switch' fraud and as contact with PayPal is limited at best, additional action on my part is nothing if not difficult. I shall keep trying ... and hope that my efforts (even if not successful) can in some way help others. Thank you again.

Login to Me Too

Grumpzuk
Contributor
Contributor
Zhixin Irrperb still continues to scam and lead PayPal by the nose. Why PayPal still host these firms when the evidence against them is damming.18 Aug.
Login to Me Too

Me_LPN
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to open another case, since the item they sent was not what I ordered, but PayPal shut it down immediately. I guess my only recourse will be with my credit card company. I guess there's no reason to keep using PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.